Friday, July 4, 2008

July 4th

Happy 4th of July!!

It was a quiet 4th of July for us today. It was just Mike and I today doing some bar-b-que and doing things around the house. I took a few pictures of some of my flowers and one of Ginger today. She certainly loves to sit and sleep on Oscar's doggy sofa.

I've attached a picture of my Banana plant I have in a hanging basket on our back porch and also a close-up of my Mezoo Doreanthus hanging basket. I need to look up the Mezoo Doreanthus and see if there is a nickname for it.

The last two pictures of the white flower in bloom, I have not been able to find what the name of it is. It grows from bulbs and has long shiny green leaves. Blooms once a year with these white blooms. It reminds me of flowers you would see in a Sci-fi movie going on another planet somewhere in space!






2 comments:

Marie Alton said...

Hi Mary
I have this amazing book that has some 8000 species in it...and I found your white spacey looking one!
It goes by the name of "Hymenocallis x macrostephana"
(Amaryllidaceae)...hope that helps...hardy in zones 7 - 10 ... right where you are.

Granny Fran said...

That white flower is fantastic! It wouldn't grow year around here in Colorado but would be worth growing in a pot and moving into the sun porch in winter.
Found your blog thru RibbonSmyth. I am being drawn to crazy quilting by my friend Allie Aller.