Saturday, February 13, 2010

Dachshunds for Baby Quilt Project




Yesterday I started a new quilt project. These little dachshund and bone silhouettes are for a baby quilt I started working on yesterday. A friend at the office has recently announced she is now expecting a baby. She loves dachhunds and has 4 of her own so I wanted to see what I could design with dachshunds on a baby quilt. Searching the internet I could not find any patterns for a dachshund baby quilt so yesterday I played with some easy shapes from some pictures of dachshunds I found. I liked the shape here that I used the best. I drew up the bone shape to use as alternate blocks.
Wednesday night I found the fabric with the paws on it at JoAnn's and picked out 8 calico fabrics to match the colors of the paws. Last night I machine appliqued 4 of the blocks. The blocks are 8" x 12".

No comments: