Monday, April 26, 2010

"Grandmother's Flower Garden" English Paper Piecing













For many years I have wanted to try English Paper Piecing. I saw a little demo video a few weeks ago and that inspired me to get started on my own "Grandmother's Flower Garden" quilt using 1" octogons. Its very easy, fun and addictive!! I work on this project during the evenings when watching TV. I'm not sure of the overall design yet for this quilt top. In these first photos I'm still planning. I may work in some green fabric or I may just leave the background all white around the flowers. All the fabrics for the flowers are 1930's fat quarters I've had for over a year that I had bought for another quilt project...........but forgot which one they were for. The white background fabric is quilters sateen. I've always admired this quilt and wanted to make one. Looks like its a project that will take years and years!

No comments: