Friday, February 27, 2009

My First Whole Cloth Quilt


















My first whole cloth quilt!! I made this for my friend who is having her first baby. I stitched it entirely by hand.
Just finished the last stitch yesterday after putting the binding on this crib sized whole cloth quilt I made for my friend Maria. I've been working on this the whole 9 months she has been pregnat andyesterday at 6 PM she was on her way to the hospital. I havn't heard anynews yet this morning to know if the baby has arrived yet or not.This was my first whole cloth quilt to do. I quilted it entirely by hand andthe only part that was sewn on the machine was when I was sewing on thebinding. I had just emailed her yesterday and told her that I was going to have the babies gift finished up and to tell the baby to be born!!
Last night I washed the makings out of it and dryed it. I love the way hand quilting looks!
My next whole cloth quilt will by for myself and a queen size!

2 comments:

Judy Morphis said...

Mary, this is absolutely gorgeous!!

Patricia said...

Mary that is so beautiful. I have always loved whole cloth quilts, I can't wait to see your queen size one!
Pat
Patricia Rose-A Potpourri of Fabric, Fragrance and Findings
www.patriciarose-apotpourri.com
www.patriciarose-apotpourriof.blogspot.com