Saturday, March 21, 2009

Baby Photo Albums
















This week I took my basket of baby gifts to Maria for the birth of her new first baby girl Esperanza. In the basket was all the things I made consisting of the whole cloth crib quilt, baby slippers and two baby photo albums for the grandmothers. The quilt and baby slippers are shown in older posts of mine.
The baby albums are identical except for a few little touches here and there. I made crazy quilt covers out of various baby fabrics and embellished the seams with stitches using my Janome sewing machine. I had stitched beads, added baby themed charms and silk ribbon embroider.

2 comments:

Arlene Delloro said...

Mary, I am awed by your work. This baby basket has to be the most precious gift received!

Patricia said...

What an extraordinary gift! I'm sure your friend was thrilled. The album covers are so beautiful, such nice work.
Pat
Patricia Rose-A Potpourri of Fabric, Fragrance and Findings
www.patriciarose-apotpourri.com
www.patriciarose-apotpourriof.blogspot.com